10.25.2009

Let them eat cake

Pictures of pastel colored macaroons and cupcakes are everywhere on blogs, flickr, tumblr, etc. Though the photos are eye candy indeed, I'd much rather eat the sugary confections. Fall is my favorite time for baking- the flavors and aromas of pumpkin, apple, spices and lots of chocolates are so pleasing. Here is a list of some of the treats I am dying to make (and eat, but not photograph!)

Autumn Spice Cake from Country Living. Ingredients include cocoa, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and my favorite spice, clove.

Pumpkin seed candy from Martha Stewart. I am willing to try anything that uses honey as a main ingredient.

Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Food Network. The creme de la creme of my fall recipe list!

I am not a Paula Deen fan. Her food usually disgusts me but I am so intrigued by her recipe for Fried Pumpkin Layer Cake with Cream Cheese and Orange frosting.

I lack patience, but if I had some then I would definitely make a Pumpkin Cheesecake from Martha Stewart.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Seed Brittle from Myrecipies.com. An autumn themed variation of classic peanut brittle.

Applesauce Muffins from Martha Stewart. Simple yet delicious.

And to top it all off, Design crush has a recipe for an Autumn Cocktail!

No comments:

Post a Comment