2.14.2010

R.I.P. Lee Alexander McQueen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The world lost a very important and inspirational designer. Last year, someone asked me about my favorite runway collections and shows. The first collections that came to my mind was Alexander McQueen's Fall 2008 RTW.



From Style.com:
"I've got a 600-year-old elm tree in my garden," he said, "and I made up this story of a girl who lives in it and comes out of the darkness to meet a prince and become a queen." After a trip to India, the designer worked like a fiend for months in his studio, with images of Queen Victoria, the Duke of Wellington, and the Indian Empire running through his mind.

That is exactly what I love about fashion.

R.I.P. You will be missed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment